Rules of How to Write a Conclusion Paragraph for an Essay
A conclusion paragraph is needed to summarize important ideas discussed in your essay. How to write a conclusion paragraph for an essay? To write the best one, think about a thesis that you want to make. Read your essay introduction because you can rephrase its brilliant ideas without offering anything new.
Outlining Your Conclusion Paragraph
There are some points to remember when writing this essay section:
- Use an introduction as your guide;
- Look at the content of each body paragraph, especially if your paper is quite long;
- Leave the targeted audience with something to think about or to do after reading a conclusion;
- Wrap up your essay writing by summing up important points for readers to bring it to a smooth close and create a well-written paper.
Our company provides professional help in this area, so you can try our services if you face any challenges when writing this essay section.
A Brief Outline for Essay Conclusions
- A topic sentence with a new rephrasing of your thesis statement;
- Supporting sentences that explain how all basic ideas fit together and summarize the points discussed in the main body;
- A closing sentence with final words to provide readers with some sense of closure and connect them back to your introductory paragraph.
The Structure and Definition of Any Conclusion
First, you need to define the meaning of a conclusion paragraph:
- It’s something that you leave with the audience;
- It summarizing the entire essay;
- It shows how your thesis statement is proven;
- It offers a sense of closure on the chosen topic;
- It demonstrates that you achieve the main goal.
What about its correct structure?
- A conclusion paragraph is the opposite of your essay introduction;
- It should start specific and move to the general, unlike an introduction that starts general and ends specific;
- Its basic purpose is to wrap up your paper;
- Ensure that a topic sentence summarizes everything said in a thesis statement to prove readers that you accomplished everything;
- Restating your thesis is a bad move because it seems redundant, so you should rephrase it to offer its deeper understanding;
- Don’t begin any new ideas in this paragraph;
- All supporting sentences must sum up the things said in the main body;
- Topics for all body paragraphs should be summarized in your conclusion, so wrap up key points;
- A closing sentence should help readers get a sense of closure;
- This sentence is your last work on the chosen subject, so you need to demonstrate the significance of basic ideas, end on some positive note, and proper your readers to its new view;
- It should make the audience happy they read this essay.
Effective Strategies to Write a Brilliant Essay Conclusion
How to write a conclusion paragraph for an essay? To get the right knowledge, use effective strategies and be guided in the right direction:
- So what? Ask and answer this question to come up with the best conclusion paragraph;
- Go back to the key points mentioned in your introduction to bring readers a full circle (refer to it by using special keywords, images, and parallel concepts to start and end with the same scenario and prove that your essay can create a new understanding of the chosen topic);
- Write a brief summary of the main points discussed in your paper without simply repeating them;
- Put everything together and show the audience how you make these points and how used examples fit together;
- Include provocative quotations and insights from the sources used to write your paper;
- Offer a certain course of action, questions for future studies, and solutions to problems;
- Point to a broader implication.
Finally, there are some writing strategies that don’t work for your essay conclusion, such as starting with overused, boring, and vague phrases. Contact us if you feel confused or overloaded, and we’ll do everything for you!